Hogs....down in the bog!

Hogs....down in the bog!

July 7, 2011

New Toys!

At the start of summer, Josh and I took our arrows to Swatara Creek Outfitters to have our arrows wrapped. He wanted white wraps so that they were easier to see after he shoots. I wanted....I'll let you guess.....pink camouflage! I also had pink fletchings added, instead of the boring green ones I had. It is going to look fabulous! We finally go the call that they are in, so take a look! I am beyond thrilled at how they turned out. For all you pink haters out there, it is one of the easiest colors to spot in the woods.

Josh and I were out shooting my bow a few weeks ago, warming up for the fall. I can't believe how long it has been since I have worked with my bow. Definitely time to get started! I figured it was like riding a bike...not so much. It began with me picking up my bow backwards and trying to put an arrow in. Lucking I figured that out pretty quickly. Then I forgot to put my release on...until I tried pulling the bow back and realized something was missing. Finally I had my arrow knocked and ready to shoot. I slowly pulled back and....BAM! I had my finger on my release and managed to shoot my arrow and simultaneously punch myself in the face. Great beginnings! Luckily my bad luck ended, or my memory kicked in, and I was able to shoot about fifteen consecutive shots. All were pretty good, minus a few bummers.

No comments:

Post a Comment